PSSA stands for Primary School Sports Association. Throughout the year a number of sporting events are run through the PSSA organisation.
Swimming, Cross Country, and Athletics are the main carnivals and are backed up by PSSA Soccer competitions as well as a number of ‘trials’ for students to qualify for other team sporting events (cricket, netball, touch etc).
PSSA events are run for students turning 8yrs old (and older) within the calendar year. Sport for students below 8yrs of age is catered for at a school level and, where possible, at the Small Schools PSSA level.
Representation and carnival levels
1. At the Small Schools’ PSSA carnival, all students are representing their individual school i.e. EVPS, CTI etc
2. At the Headlands District PSSA carnival, students are representing the Ballina Small Schools
3. At the Far North Coast (Zone) PSSA carnival, students are representing the Headlands District (students will be required to purchase a Headlands representative shirt if qualifying for the FNC carnival).
4. At the North Coast (Regional) PSSA carnival, students are representing the Far North Coast (students will be required to purchase a FNC representative shirt if qualifying for the NC carnival).
5. At the NSW (State) PSSA Championships, students are representing the North Coast team (students will be required to purchase a NC representative shirt if qualifying for the State Championships).
(Note: The newly formed Headlands District was formed in 2018 – combining the Ballina District and Brunswick District PSSA organisations)